The East Marion Community Association is an all-volunteer, non-political, not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving East Marion’s rural character, enhancing a sense of community, monitoring land use, planning, zoning and issues affecting the quality of life and safety of all East Marion residents.
EMCA has accomplished a great deal, but there are many other issues to keep an eye on. Please support us by becoming a member, or renewing your membership, making a contribution and volunteering. We are the only organization in the world whose sole concern is for the protection and enrichment of East Marion.
Individual Memberships are $20 per year for one person, Household Memberships are $25 per year for two or more people living at the same residence.
You can join for the 2016-2017 season either by downloading a Membership Form by clicking here, making out a check to EMCA and mailing it to:
EMCA, PO Box 625, East Marion, NY 11939
Pay with a credit card using the attached form.
Please join today.
What we do:
- We are watchdogs for our hamlet at town government meetings.
- We engage the community at our monthly meetings on topics of local interest with representatives who are knowledgeable in their field.
- We inform the community by producing the East Marion Hamlet Herald and sending action update emails.
- We keep East Marion on the radar screen of town and county officials.
- We provide an outlet for residents of East Marion to air their concerns about what is affecting them in their neighborhoods.
- We archive East Marion’s history through video and oral interviews and by maintaining a digital photo library of historic local images.
- We bring neighbors together through community potlucks, ice cream socials and holiday get-togethers.